12th ISOS: Harrisonburg, Virginia, June 8-11, 2015
Registration and full details at: http://www.jmu.edu/2015ISOS
Deadline for registration, abstracts, and Payment: MARCH 1, 2015.
The 12th International Symposium on the Ordovician System will be hosted in on the campus of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, June 8-11, 2015.
The scientific sessions in Harrisonburg will be preceded and followed by geological excursions to study the Ordovician successions of Appalachian Mountain of the Eastern US., a field excursion is also planned for the Ordovician carbonate and siliciclastic deposits of Oklahoma (site of the Katian GSSP), and a field excursion is planned for the spectacular succession of dark shale in Idaho. The 5 field trips are described in more detail on conference website.
Themes for the 12th ISOS include Ordovician climate, isotope stratigraphy, biostratigraphy, regional stratigraphy, paleoecology and paleobiogeography, and we welcome contributions on all aspects of Ordovician geology.
- Deadline for registration, abstracts, and Payment MARCH 1, 2015
- Deadline for booking accomodations at JMU APRIL 1, 2015
- Pre-meeting Field Trips JUNE 3-7, 2014
- Technical Sessions and Conference Field Trip JUNE 8,9,11, 2015
- Post-Meeting Field Trips JUNE 12-17/18
- Deadline for short papers for the special issue of Stratigraphy AUGUST 1, 2015
We look forward to seeing you in Virginia in 2015!
Steve Leslie and Dan Goldman
On behalf of the organizing committee