The 2014 Field Workshop of IGCP 591 held jointly with ISOS and ISCS will be hosted by the Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology, Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Yunnan Key Laboratory of Palaeontology, Yunnan University. Its formal theme will be ‘Global Events and their relationships in the Early to Middle Paleozoic’. The meeting is scheduled tentatively for August 18-28, 2014. The scientific sessions in Kunming will be followed by a field excursion from northeastern Yunnan (western South China paleoplate) to western Yunnan (Indochina and Sibumasu paleoplates).
The meeting in Kunming will include two days of indoor scientific sessions for delegates to present their most recent research, and a day trip to the world-renowned Chengjiang Biota site, about 60 km east of Kunming.
See details and pre-registration form in the First Circular.
PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT: 12th ISOS, JUNE 2015
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, Virginia USA
Central Appalachian Mountains
Organizing Committee (Preliminary)
- Stephen A. Leslie, James Madison University
- John Haynes, James Madison University
- Achim Herrmann, University of Arizona
- Dan Goldman, University of Dayton
- Matt Saltzman, Ohio State University
- John Taylor, Indiana University Pennsylvania
- John Repetski, United States Geological Survey
If you would like to help with the meeting, email Steve Leslie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Dates (may change by a week or so in either direction)
- Pre-meeting field trips 3-7 June, 2015
- Technical Sessions June 8, 9, 10
- Conference Field Trip June 11
- Post-Meeting Field Trip(s) June 12-17.
July 15-19, 2013
The conference will be organized by Guillermo L. Albanesi and colleagues.
Check the website: www.efn.uncor.edu/3icos and download the Second Circular.
June 9-19, 2013
The meeting will be organised jointly with the International Subcommission on Cambrian Stratigraphy (ISCS), International Subcommission on Ordovician Stratigraphy (ISOS), International Subcommission on Silurian Stratigraphy (ISSS).
- Pre-registration: as soon as possible
- Request for Support: March 1st, 2013
- Registration Payment: March 29th, 2013
- Abstract Submission: March 29th, 2013
- Article Submission: June 5st, 2013
- Upload talk: June 5st, 2013
- Scientific sessions in Lund: June 10-12, 2013
- Excursions in southern Sweden and Norway: June 13-19, 2013
See more details in the Second Circular or contact the organisers: email@example.com.
As of November 25th, 2012, the Subcommission on Ordovician Stratigraphy has a new website accessible at http://ordovician.stratigraphy.info. A shortcut http://o.stratigraphy.info can also be used.
The new site is built using WordPress engine, hosted in the geocollections database and web server of the Institute of Geology at Tallinn University of Technology and currently maintained by Olle Hints. Please direct all comments, questions and corrections to: firstname.lastname@example.org.