GSSP for the Tremadocian at Green Point. Photo courtesy to Stan Finney.
- Base: 485.4 Ma (GTS 2012), 488.3 Ma (GTS 2004)
- Top: 477.7 Ma (GTS 2012), 478.6 Ma (GTS 2004)
- Duration: 7.7 Ma (GTS 2012), 9.7 (GTS 2004)
Global stratotype section and point (GSSP)
- Locality: Green Point Section, western Newfoundland (49.6829°N, 57.9653°W)
- Boundary level: At the 101.8m level, within Bed 23, in the measured section
- Correlation events: Conodont FAD Iapetognathus fluctivagus
- Status: Ratified in 2000; Episodes 24/1, p. 19 – 28, 2001.
GSSP of the base of the Tremadocian Stage, and Ordovician System, at Green Point, Newfoundland. People in back point to the boundary level. Photo courtesy to Stan Finney.